Friday, January 22, 2010

art dolls frenzy


I really don't know how with all the stocking up for my etsy shop and sewing for theater I managed to get into this new thing, happened by chance as it usually does and now I can't be stopped.
Making an art doll is such a different process than creating for production even in a small scale. I always have to take fabrics into consideration, do I have enough of it to make more, prices, availability, not to mention the design details having to be reasonable for me to recreate and affordable to others.
so I am fairly exited about this, especially as it somehow combines my experience in costume making and my passion for doll making.
Making a One of a kind doll is always great, just going wild with my imagination and letting the fabrics and the process itself take me from step to step. outcomes are always surprising even if I think I know what I want.
I am about to make a lot of venetian carnival costumes during the next to month for the upcoming "Purim" so this fellow is a sort of a promo I guess, making my fingers tickle to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment