Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday to the trees in jerusalem






Made a lot of new costumes for The annual birthday for the trees celebrations, we participate in this big event every year in the center of Jerusalem and I am always making a few new plant oriented pieces.
The whole street looks wonderful with at least twelve of our actors most of them on stilts and so much more going on-live music and fairies standing on the houses verandas throwing flowers.
This year my favorite is the autom venetian style costume that will eventually have a mask to match.
I made the whole costume on a very tight budget (as this is a government run event...) using a lot of simple lining fabrics and no fabric costing more than 3$ per meter, but it came out rich in texture and color.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it is so lovely to join your blog, I do consider you a wonderful artist and inspiring, you beautiful dolls grace my work table and I am sure they are inspiration in my art development. And I will soon be 56 LOVE and LIGHT Marie

    ReplyDelete